Christian Funeral Services
No matter how strong a Christian is in his faith and how assured he is that a loved one is headed for a better place, he will still grief over the loss of a loved one. As such, Christian Funeral Services are often both uplifting and comforting, with the church community often gathering in support for the bereaved family.
Because of the many Christian denominations in Singapore, there is no one size fit all format for Christian Funeral Services. It will vary by Church and hence, the Pastor and Church’s relevant support group should be consulted on funeral matters. That said, most churches will to accommodate the family’s request (e.g. choice of hymns, readings and songs) as this will make the funeral more meaningful for the bereaved family.
Christian Funeral Services Overview
While Christian Funeral Services format may differ depending on denomination, the intent is often always the same, namely:
- To pray for the deceased soul
- To give strength and offer comfort to the grieving family; and
- To reflect on the live of the deceased and honor his life
Hence, despite the differences in form, there are still many areas of commonality such as:
- Opening message by the pastor or elder that are often assuring and comforting
- Scripture readings and hymns being sung at various parts of the service where guest (Christians and non-Christians alike) are encouraged to participate
- Eulogy being delivered by family members, relatives or close friends, recalling special moments and deeds of the deceased during his lifetime
- The closing prayer where the deceased is commended to the grace of God
Other Commonalities Across Christian Denominations
The wake is where relatives and friends come to pay their last respect and offer words of condolences and support for the bereaved. It typically lasts for between 3 to 5 days with the casket traditionally uncovered for open viewing.
A short service is usually held at the crematorium chapel or burial site where the deceased is committed to rest while awaiting the resurrection. It is here where family and friends offer their final prayers and farewell.
Why Choose Us?
We are among the most affordable funeral undertakers in Singapore. What’s more important thought is that because of our believe that everyone deserves a meaningful send off, we do not compromise on quality, when arranging a funeral.
We understand your grief and will go the distance to ensure all your funeral services needs are taken care of. Our staff trained to be sensitive and attentive to your needs at all times. Being experienced funeral directors, you can always count on us for advice on all funeral matters, as and when needed.
To reach us, simply dial our 24-hour funeral services helpline at +65 6303 0655. Our funeral consultants are ever ready to offer advice and assist you in any way we can.